If you want to study at a nursing school, you need to pass the HESI A2 exam. The exam covers a total of 10 different topics including math, reading, vocabulary, grammar, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, and physics. This test aims to evaluate your scholastic aptitude for nursing programs and measures your overall general education.
The Hesi A2 vocabulary test includes a 55-item exam that contains basic vocabulary often used in the health care field, and you must finish the test in 50 minutes. Although the test is not really hard, you won’t pass it without being well-prepared for the exam.
Below is a HESI A2 vocabulary practice test with 10 sample questions. Answer the questions and then scroll down to check the answers and explanations. You can access our website and app to learn and practice more HESI A2 vocabulary practice questions. Let’s practice more HESI A2 Vocabulary Practice Test, or visit our HESI practice test website to practice with full HESI practice exams.
Hesi A2 Vocabulary Practice Test Questions
1. Which of these is the best definition of the word taciturn?
2. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: The standard procedure is to inject the chip under the skin using a larger diameter needle.
3. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: One of the parameters of the Nurse Practice Act is that nurses are accountable for patient safety.
4. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: Lawrence’s feistiness may be compensation for his shortened stature in the wheelchair.
5. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: The impending bill from the hospital cast of the mood of anxiety over her father’s healing process.
B. Happening soon
C. In the future
6. Which word most nearly means enervate?
7. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: Perhaps the most well-known hematologic character is Count Dracula, whose attraction to blood is fictionally famous.
C. medical freak
D. science fiction
8. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: When the night nurse looked in on the patient in 212 at 2, his affect — sitting, rocking, moaning, with a blanket over his head revealed acute pain.
A. inappropriate actions
B. observable emotions
D. suppression of feelings
9. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: The potent smell of death permeated the alley.
10. Choose the best meaning for the word underlined in the following sentence: Ms. Olsen’s knee can be flexed within certain parameters.
D. time periods
Answers and Explanations
If someone is described as taciturn, it means they are “reluctant to speak,” so being reserved would be the best answer. Being taciturn does not imply anything regarding one’s state of attention or cooperation.
The width of a circular or cylindrical object
“Accountable” means responsible. One of the rules in the Nurse Practice Act is that nurses are responsible for the safety of their patients.
As the manager of this team, I am ultimately accountable for the team’s performance.
“Vigilant” means always aware.
The military officer remained vigilant at his post, keeping an eye out for a possible ambush.
Offsetting or making up for something.
Likely to occur soon
The word enervate means to weaken or cause someone to feel drained of energy, weak, or tired. Debilitate has the closest meaning in making someone feel weak or infirm or lacking strength or stamina. Energize and fortify are really antonyms of enervate, and rectify means “to right a wrong,” which has nothing to do with causing weakness.
Relating to blood and blood-producing organs
The appearance of observable emotions
Producing a strong effect
A characteristic or constant factor, limit
Practice offline & on the go with the free PASSEMALL app
Availble for iOS and Android devices
What Are Good Accuplacer Scores?
This is because the Accuplacer is a placement test used by several universities to decide if you're ready for credit-bearing courses or whether you need to take any remedial programs. That is, if you pass the Accuplacer exam, you will be allowed to enroll in credit-earning courses right away! But, exactly, what are Accuplacer scores? We'll cover all you need to know about Accuplacer test scores in this post.
CompTIA A+ Requirements: What You Need To Know In 2022
In this post, we will go through CompTIA A+ Requirements and free CompTIA A+ practice tests which will help you prepare well for your coming exam. Check it out!
CompTIA A+ Passing Score & The Best Study Tips In 2022
In this article, we will provide you with beneficial information about CompTIA A+ passing score & study tips preparing for your exam. Let's get started!