No Internet Required
Study anywhere at anytime without Internet connection.
If you're nervous and not really confident about your coming test, try our free EMT practice test 2022. Take our 350+ NREMT practice questions now!
Study anywhere at anytime without Internet connection.
Just enter your test date, a study plan will be setup for you. A clear schedule brings more value than you can imagine.
3 different test modes with increased difficult level let you experience the test in very exciting way.
3 features: Weak/Medium/Strong questions help you clearly determine which area you should work harder on.
Experience dark theme to ease your eyes and it's just... beautiful!
Customize your study reminder to receive notification at any time you want
Emergency Medical Technicians or EMTs are essential to the preservation of lives in times of emergency. They are in charge of giving immediate care and transport to patients who are either in a life-threatening situation or not and each EMT must be alert and quick in responding to these of kind situations. To work as an EMT, one must be trained and knowledgeable regarding the specifics of the job must be certified, and must also be licensed by the state. To be a certified EMT, one must pass the examination for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Certificate.
The EMT exam consists of two exams which are: the Cognitive Exam, and the Psychomotor Exam. The Cognitive Exam is computer-based, meaning it is answered through a computer, and adaptive because the questions become harder as the previous items are answered correctly. Meanwhile, the Psychomotor is a scenario-based exam that tests practical skills regarding emergencies. Unlike the Cognitive examination, however, the Psychomotor exam is not administered by the National Registry so the examinee must contact their State EMS office to take the exam.
To register for the EMT Cognitive Exam, visit the NREMT website and follow the register instruction. To get ready and familiarize yourself with the test format, take our thousands of free EMT-B questions and EMT practice test now!
There are a total of 70-120 items in the EMT test with 10 of the items not counted towards the final score. Thus, the total of items counted for assessing the final score range from 60-110 items.
The exam will continue to give the examinee questions until it is 95% sure that the examinee has can pass or fail the exam. After the exam and once the result in the examiner's account is printable, it's considered as a pass. If it's not, the examinee can retake the test up once again up to six times.
A maximum of two hours is given to the examinee who is taking the EMT exam but most of the time, the examinee can finish the exam without reaching the time limit.
The Cognitive exam will be handed out by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and the exam will cost $98 for the application fee. This fee will is non-transferable and will not be reimbursed. A fee also has to be paid each time the examinee decided to retake the exam.
The EMT exam will cover the Emergency Medical Service care which includes the sections listed below. Each section will have 85% of their test questions be about adult patients while the other 15% will be related to pediatric patients.
This section will cover 18%-22% of the questions in the exam. This part of the exam will assess the examinee's knowledge regarding the proper care for patients who are: in need of treatment for blocked air passageways, having problems with ventilation and breathing, and in need of a primary assessment. Since the exam includes items for adult and pediatric patients, the examinee must also be knowledgeable about the different bodily conditions of all ages.
The cardiology and resuscitation section will cover 20%-24% of the questions in the examination. This portion of the exam will assess the examinee's knowledge regarding the specifics of handling a patient with cardiopulmonary problems like for instance, test their knowledge about the proper handling of a patient who is suffering from cardiac arrest. Other topics covered in this section include knowledge of the cardiovascular systems and anatomy as well as the handling of people that experienced injuries from shocks.
The Emergency Medical Service Operations section covers 10%-14% of the contents of the exam. Unlike the other sections of the exam, there's no specified percentage of the coverage of this section for adult and pediatric patients. The EMS Operations cover a wide range of topics about Emergency Medical Services. The topics that will be encountered are those about emergency care for patients, legal concepts and ethic standards in the medical field, environmental incidents or hazards while on the field, traffic and ambulance car management on the road, and medical care during times of disasters or terrorist attacks.
Medical and Obstetrics/Gynecology covers 27%-31% of the exam's questions. Just like the other sections of the exam (except EMS Operations), 85% of the contents are centered on emergencies regarding adult patients while the other 15% are for handling pediatric patients. In the Medical and Obstetrics/Gynecology section, a wide range of topics are involved.
Topics you will encounter include the anatomy of the different systems, and the illnesses involved in them, and how to take care of them. The test also covers knowledge about handling patients suffering from the effects of toxic substances as well as toxicants, psychiatric problems, assessment of non-traumatic and traumatic patients, as well as mother and the child care before, during, and after birth.
The trauma section of the exam covers 14%-18% of the questions that the examinee will encounter. This portion of the exam will test the examinee's knowledge regarding handling and assessment of patients suffering from single or multiple traumas in different parts of their bodies like the tissues, spine, abdomen, head or neck, and the musculoskeletal system. The trauma section of the exam will also include anatomy topics about the body parts mentioned.
EMT Frequently Asked Questions
Bring two valid identification cards (I.D.) The first one must include a permanently attached or nonremovable photo of the examinee's face, and their signature, although the signature is not required for identification cards used by the military. The other ID should be able to obedient the name and signature of the examinee.
Note: Do not bring any temporary or paper forms of IDs. They will not be accepted. Do not bring reference materials too as they are not allowed inside the examination room especially once the exam had started. There's no need to bring a pen or pencil as the exam itself is computer-based.
Requirements for taking the EMT test include: minimum age of 18 years old to take the test, a graduate of an EMT course that meets the criteria for National EMS Education Standards for the EMT, and the exam must be taken within two years after completing the said course.
An aspiring examinee can retake the EMT exam a total of six times. However, the third failure imposes a sanction where the examinee has to take a remedial class of around 24 hours in length and must show a certificate of attending the remedial class to be allowed to take the test once again. If the examinee failed all six tests, retaking the entire EMT course or program is required before they can start retaking the EMT exam.
The results of the EMT exam can usually be received within two days. The examinee can check the account they used to take the exam to view their test results.
Thousands of free EMT-B practice questions are available on our website. Our free EMT practice test and questions are all based on the previous exams, with the format exactly the same as the real one. Besides, we gamified the test so it can kill your boredom while learning. All you need to do is pass it round by round just like playing a game!