Free CompTIA Network+ Practice Test 2022
What is the CompTIA Net+ certification?
The CompTIA Net+ certification is a certification granted by CompTIA that certifies an IT professional’s skills in the field of networking and similar or connected fields. Getting a CompTIA Net+ certification is highly recommended, especially for those who are planning on applying for networking jobs.
Big companies like Apple, Verizon, and a few more are more than willing to hire IT experts, who have this certification. This is because the exam tests the examinee’s mastery and skills regarding a wide variety of networking concepts and IT-related concepts. Moreover, the certification exam includes both wireless and wired networks, something that only CompTIA Net+ currently offers in the certification industry today. Having this certification is already like a measure of the IT professional’s versatility and ability.
If you are going to take the Net+ exam, practice with our free CompTIA Network+ practice tests to get well-prepared for your big day!
CompTIA Network+ Information
Below are questions an examiner might ask when applying for the CompTIA Net+ exam:
How many questions on the CompTIA Network+ exam?
There are a title of ninety (90) questions in the exam. Each item to be answered is either multiple-choice, drag-and-drop type questions or, performance-based questions. After the exam, there will also be a twelve (12) item multiple-choice survey that is optional and not counted towards your final score.
How Long Is the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
The CompTIA Net+ exam allocates a total of ninety (90) minutes to answer the exam. Note that there will be no timer present on the screen so it’s important to practice time management.
How much does CompTIA Network+ cost?
The costs for taking the CompTIA Net+ vary depending on the examinee’s choice or situation. To take the exam, the examinees are required to buy a Network+ voucher which costs $338 and which will have to be purchased every retake.
The exam can also be taken for free if the examinee fits the following: experiencing unemployment or are underemployed, ethnic or minority group member, a military veteran, member of an IT program funded by the state, or a scholar of a nonprofit or charity organization. For the last two, the state or the organization providing the scholarship will pay for their exams.
CompTIA Net+ Objectives
The CompTIA Net+ exam aims to assess the examinee’s knowledge and skills of the various networking designs, concepts, and functions, management and operations of different kinds of network devices, troubleshooting problems in networking and security, and a lot more. The exam is divided into five domains where the topics will be based on.
1st Domain: Networking Concepts
This first domain aims to assess the examinee’s understanding of the various networking concepts and assess their skills in using them in given scenarios. Specifically, the examinee’s will be tested in their knowledge and skills about the concepts of the thing below:
- Thorough knowledge regarding the uses of the different protocols and ports as well as the different OSI layers.
- Show understanding of routing and switching as well as IP addresses and the intricacies behind them.
- Know the differences in the different networking topologies, the characteristics of wired and wireless devices, as well as the various networking and internet-related technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the cloud services and their features as well as the different functions of networking services.
2nd Domain: Infrastructure
In this domain, the examinee must be able to show competence in managing the various networking devices, cabling, as well as virtualization.
- Must be able to work on cables and different cabling solutions given a hypothetical scenario.
- Show knowledge regarding the different networking devices including their purposes or uses and must be able to install or work on them.
- Show a thorough understanding of the various uses of network and virtual networking components.
3rd Domain: Network Operations
This domain tests the examinee’s knowledge in handling networking operations and ensuring the continuance of these operations.
- Show skills in managing network operations through the use of diagrams.
- Demonstrate skills in handling problems at networking devices to ensure the continuity of business as well as recovery from damages caused by the problems like using remote access through VPN.
4th Domain: Network Security
In the fourth domain, the examinee must show knowledge of the different network security concerns as well as skills in handling them.
- Show and demonstrate understanding of the various physical and non-physical security devices and authorization.
- Explain concepts of networking attacks and how to reinforce the network to deal with them.
5th Domain: Network Troubleshooting and Tools
This domain tests the examinee’s knowledge regarding methodology in network troubleshooting and as well as the tools used.
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge in the methodology used to troubleshoot networking problems and the different tools used for troubleshooting.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues in the performance of wireless connections and networks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I take the sample CompTIA Network+ practice test?
You can practice with questions on Network+ books or online resources. Our website provides you 1000+ Network+ practice questions to help you know what to expect on your test day. Furthermore, all the questions were gamified to let you experience your learning just like playing a game. Pass round by round until finish all of them.
What do I bring to my CompTIA exam?
When going to the site of the examination, the examinees are required to bring two forms of valid identification cards with names that match what they used for the online registration. The first identification card should be a government ID issued by the country where the exam will be taken and has a recognizable photo of the examinee, their name, and a signature. The second ID must have at least a recent and recognizable photo of the examinee with their name, or with their name and signature. Minors should bring an adult with them who hahas a valid government identification card.
Note: If identification cards issued by the country where the exam is to be held are unavailable, international travel passports can be used as substitutes.
What should you not bring when taking the exam?
Do not bring any expired identification cards to the test unless they are accompanied by proof that they are renewed or to be renewed. All items unnecessary for taking the exams like phoned and other personal belongings will also be confiscated and be temporarily placed in a chosen location while the exam is taking place.
CompTIA network+ passing score
On a scale of 100-900, a score of 720 is required to pass the exam. The topics of the items with incorrect answers will be stated in the results, regardless of whether the examinee had passed or failed the exam. Practice makes the perfect. Practice as much as possible with the CompTIA Network+ practice test to improve your score achievement.
What jobs can I get with CompTIA Network+ certification?
IT professionals with CompTIA Net+ certifications can work in many fields of IT and Networking. Having a certificate in Net+ reflects your wide range and knowledge and abilities which qualifies you to take on jobs like:
- Networking jobs like Network Administrator and Junior Network Administrator, Network Technician, and other networking jobs.
- Data Analyst
- System Engineer, and IT support specialist, and other IT-related jobs.
- Cybersecurity specialists and Help Desk Technicians.
How Much Can I Make with a CompTIA Network+ Certification?
The salary depends on the kind of job and the company where an IT professional is working. In the US, these are the average yearly salary of a few Networking jobs back in 2020:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators-$84,810
- Information Security Analysts-$103,590
- Computer Network Architects-$116,780
- What requirements must be met before I can take the Net+ test?
There are no requirements for taking the exam but having initial experience or certifications is recommended.
How many times can I take the Net+ exam?
Examinees who fail the exam can take it again immediately after failing the first. However, the examinee will have to wait for at least 14 days before making the third attempt. Examinees with certifications can take the exam again but they will need permission from CompTIA to be able to use their previous exam codes. Beta exams, on the other hand, can only be taken once.
Note: Since the examinee had to buy a new voucher each time they take the exam, this means that each retake requires the examinee to pay once again.
When can I receive my Net+ test score?
Scores can be seen as soon as the entire exam is finished. An email of congratulations will also be sent to the examinee once they pass along with steps on how to check their results.
Free CompTIA Network+ Practice Test on Passemall
The Network+ question bank on this website is organized to closely follow the actual CompTIA objectives for exam N10-007. As such, it is easy to find the information required for each of the specified CompTIA Network+ objectives. The objective focus design used on Passemall is an important feature because the information you need to know is easily identifiable and accessible. There is a lot to know and our free practice tests for the Network+ Exam will help you find out where you need to work more and make the most of your study time.
Our CompTIA Network+ practice website has outstanding features:
- Free Network+ question bank: 400+ FREE practice questions with detailed explanations are available for all of the required skills. All you need to pass your recruitment test is available here.
- Network+ Practice Tests Based On Real Tests: The same number of questions, same time limits, same structure. The exam simulators let you familiarize yourself with the test format and get 100% ready for the real one.
- Download PDF Feature: Download and print all practice questions and practice tests if you want to take the Network+practice test with your pen and paper.
- No Sign-Up Or Login Required: All of your progress is saved without an account, even if you close your browser. But login can sync your data between web and mobile applications.
- Gamification: The learning process will be divided into small milestones. Let’s make your studying exciting as if you were in some interesting games.
- Personal Study Plan: Just enter your test date, and a study plan will be set up for you. A clear schedule will surely exceed your expectation and get you the best preparation for the shot.
- 3 Interesting Test Modes: 3 different test modes with increased difficulty levels let you experience the test in various ways.
- Dark Mode: Experience a dark theme that is more friendly to your eyes, and get a whole new and marvelous experience.
- No Internet Required: Study on the go conveniently without any Internet connection.
- Network+ question Bank: 3 features: Weak/ Medium / Strong questions help you determine which area you should pay more attention to.
CISM vs CISSP: Which Certification Should I Take in 2022?
The CISM and CISSP certifications are widely popular among IT workers. Learn more information about CISM vs CISSP in this post to help you decide easier.
The Comprehensive Guide To Earning CISSP CPE Credits in 2022
To maintain their CISSP certification, all CISSP holders must earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits. Read on to know all about CISSP CPE credits.
CASP vs CISSP: Which Certification Should I Take in 2022?
CASP vs CISSP are two popular certifications within the field of information technology. Find out the most suitable certification for you below!