Statistics from Transport Canada’s National Collision Database show that since 2005, the number of injuries and facilities related to auto accidents in Canada has decreased. Regrettably, research showed that teenage drivers and passengers consistently cause the most prominent traffic collisions. This is significant since it’s possible that these drivers don’t know all the traffic laws.
Traffic collisions can occur for a variety of reasons, but most of the time, drivers who break Ontario’s traffic laws are to blame. In any event, fewer accidents occur as a result of increased driver safety campaigns and traffic ticketing by law enforcement personnel and other organizations. As a result, you need to be aware of both the driving scenarios and the traffic laws in order to drive safely. To learn more about the G1 test rule, keep reading this blog post.
Visit our website for additional details and to get the free Ontario G1 practice test for 2024.
What are the G1 test rules?
You must pass the G1 test in order to obtain your G1 license. The G1 written knowledge-based exam in Ontario covers traffic signs and the laws of the road. It’s the first of three tests you’ll need to pass to finish the graduated licensing process. It’ll be the only written test you’ll have to take.
The G1 test rule in the province of Ontario is strictly enforced to keep drivers who travel on Ontario’s roadways as safe as possible. We believe that the key to a driver’s success and ability to avoid traffic collisions is education. So, we have compiled some rules of the road to help educate drivers relevant to Ontario traffic laws:
- Always drive within the right lane of traffic
- Do not use handheld while driving
- Drivers must be over 16 years of age
- Drivers must possess a proper license for a vehicle driven
- Obey all posted speed limits
- Slow and pull your vehicle to the right of the road for all emergency vehicles with their lights on
It can lead to serious penalties and fines when you break an Ontario traffic law. For example, your license can be suspended, or your car can be taken away. If you have more questions regarding the G1 test rule or rules of the road, you can contact any law enforcement agency.
Read more >> Is the G1 test hard?
What are G1 driving rules?
After you obtain a G1 driver’s license, you have 12 months to start taking your driving experiences. According to the Ministry of Transportation, to learn proper driving skills and knowledge, all new drivers should take an approved driver education course. Once you become a Level One driver, you should immediately begin your training, so you can get as much driving experience as possible. You can complete Level Once in 8 months if you pass an approved course. Although you can drive with a G1 drivers’ license, still there are some rules you need to obey as follow:
- Your blood-alcohol level must be zero, so you must not drive once you’ve been drinking alcohol.
- You are not allowed to drive alone. You only can drive when there is a driver who occupies the front passenger seat in your vehicle. Your accompanying drivers are required to hold a valid Class G (or higher) license, have at least four years of driving experience, and have a blood-alcohol level of less than .05 percent when accompanying you. The time spent at the Class G2 level is included in the accompanying driver’s four years of experience if the G2 license was valid. Though the driver’s license of your accompanying driver probably has demerit points, it must not be suspended.
- In your vehicle, each person must have a working seatbelt.
- You are not allowed to drive on 400-series highways with a posted speed limit of over 80 km/hr. You are also not allowed to drive on certain high-speed roads comprising the Queen Elizabeth Way; the Conestoga Parkway in Kitchener-Waterloo; the E.C. Row Expressway in Windsor; Don Valley Parkway and the Gardiner Expressway in the Greater Toronto Area. Nevertheless, you can drive on any road if your accompanying driver is a driving instructor.
- You are not allowed to drive between midnight and 5 a.m.
Many people who come from other provinces or the United States might not be familiar with the laws of Ontario. They may consequently cause accidents when driving. This is also the reason why our staff has gathered information on the traffic laws that apply to tourists.
To be able to drive on Ontario’s roads, visitors must possess one of several types of driver’s licenses. These driver’s licenses are separated into two categories based on how long they have been in Ontario:
- Visiting less than three months:
A valid driver’s license from another state, province, or country may be used by visitors to Ontario who are there for less than three months. Yet, these drivers must be at least 16 years old, have car insurance, carry proof of ownership, follow the law, and drive defensively to prevent accidents.
- Visiting more than three months:
To be allowed to drive in Ontario, visitors who will be staying for longer than three months must have an international driving permit from their home country. When drivers have this license from their nation, they are allowed to drive across borders. Visitors to Ontario must apply for this permit before they travel there; once they are in Ontario, they cannot do so.
Visit our website to access additional free questions and take the top G1 Practice Test. In fact, the G1 test rule questions on our online practice exams are frequently the same as the G1 driving test questions. However keep in mind that this is merely an online sample test, and your real exam’s questions can be worded differently.
Good luck, see you on the road real soon!
PCCN vs CCRN: Which Certification Should I Take?
In this discussion, we will examine the fundamental distinctions between PCCN vs CCRN certifications, allowing you to make an informed and right decision about which certification is best for your nursing career progression.
Is PCCN Worth It? A Comprehensive 2024 Study Guide
In this article, we will provide all the enrollment criteria, how to apply, whether is PCCN worth it for you to obtain, and how to get a high mark.
PCCN Requirements - How to Become a Progressive Care Certified Nurse?
To become a progressive care nurse, you must first obtain the PCCN certification. This post will help you understand PCCN certification, PCCN requirements, and efficient approaches to obtaining this certification.